Encuesta

FSUIPC connection P3d v4.5  Access violation error!

new connection error
0 (0%)
SC Pascal
1 (100%)

Total de votos: 1

Autor Tema: FSUIPC connection P3d v4.5 Access violation error!  (Leído 879 veces)

musicflieger

• Ver Perfil
FSUIPC connection P3d v4.5 Access violation error!
« en: Abril 25, 2019, 02:52:06 pm »
Dear community,

being new to IPOC I need to know what I´ve done wrong.

Running Windows 7 ultimate/64  P3D V4.5  latest FSUIPC and IOPC versions.

Started Pascal,
created an IOCP server connection - tested green  (standard IOCP conn as described in the manual didn´t work),
created FSUIPC connection as described and get a warning back Access violation at address 0040C2FC in module 'SC_PASCAL7.exe'.  Read of address 00000001.

Please be so kind and help a newbie out of trouble!

Thank you very much in advance,

Alex M.
Austria
« Última modificación: Abril 25, 2019, 02:55:14 pm por musicflieger »
Alex M.
LOWS

Ascanio

• Administrator

• El 'Autor'

• Texto personal
    Autor del IOCPServer y del GaugeComposer
    • Ver Perfil
    • Mi WEB
Re:FSUIPC connection P3d v4.5 Access violation error!
« Respuesta #1 en: Abril 28, 2019, 01:19:31 am »
Hi Alex,
Why are you using IOCP and FSUIPC?
What addons are you using?

I dont use FSUIPC, i'll try to find someone who use it... but for SiMio or OpenCockpits cards, if you are NOT using any other aadon that need FSUIPC you dont need to make the connection with simulator by the two vias, just one of it.

Theorically, you can, IOCPserver and FSUIPC are compatibles... but dont know why you use two types of data servers...

I'll try to help you.
Sorry if i respond late, but you can write to me at ascanio@iocpserver.com

Regards

musicflieger

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 en: Abril 28, 2019, 06:03:57 pm »
Hi ascanio,
emailed you today but :

The original message was received at Sun, 28 Apr 2019 05:24:34 +0200
<flieger@drei.at>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
<ascanio@iocpserver.com>... Deferred: Connection timed out with ks.ascanio.es.
Warning: message still undelivered after 12 hours
Will keep trying until message is 4 days old

So please don´t be angry when I post my mail here:

In fact I have never before done programming in the sim. I only used hardware like SAITEK and GOFLIGHT. But now I am building a homecockpit B777 and need those SIMIO boards.
In fact I have not enough information yet to work with pascal and iocp, reading the manuals is hard for me as a beginner.
I operate Windows 7 ultimate 64bit  on intel i7/4790K
16GB ram
nVidia Titan Z with 12GB ram
Prepar3d v4.5
PMDG 777
I started working with the manual “Simio board SCPascal Quickstart” and so I made IOCP and FSUIPC connection on my first testing project.
The IOCP connection worked fine, but the FSUIPC conn. always showed this error message:
Access violation at address 0040C2FC in module 'SC_PASCAL7.exe'. Read of address 00000001.

And I could not find out what kind of error that is! Did not know where to start searching. But I am still interested, where that error came from, as it only occurred when trying to connect FSUIPC.

To understand you:
I do not need FSUIPC to connect SIMIO boards to my simulator –
IOCP server connection is enough for connection between my PMDG 777 and the SIMIO boards?
FSUICP installed and used for other hardware gives no interference to IOCP/Simio?
Well, then you helped me a lot already. I will not use a FSUIPC conn. then for IOCP. But i need FSUICP on my sim to have other hardware controls .

One more question now: Does the IOCP connection (when green) already communicate with the PMDG777? - All the data in the SDK are C++!
Tried to act like in Hispapanel´s youtube tutorial with IOCP offset explorer, but there was no data reading at all (code was compiled ok)

Best greetings,
Alex
Salzburg/Austria

« Última modificación: Abril 28, 2019, 06:11:18 pm por musicflieger »
Alex M.
LOWS

Ascanio

• Administrator

• El 'Autor'

• Texto personal
    Autor del IOCPServer y del GaugeComposer
    • Ver Perfil
    • Mi WEB
« Respuesta #3 en: Abril 29, 2019, 12:43:21 pm »
Yes, you do not need FSUIPC to connect SIMIO boards to your simulator,  BUT,
IOCP server connection is NOT enough for connection between my PMDG 777 and the SIMIO boards, becouse PMDG uses FSUIPC and NOT IOCP.

Yes, FSUICP installed and used for other hardware gives NO interference to IOCP/Simio, they area totally compatibles.

You need FSUICP on your sim, to have other hardware controls, and because you are using PMDG 777 that required FSUIPC.

Does the IOCP connection (when green) already communicate with the PMDG777? - NO, i'm sorry, becouse PMDG does NOT use IOCP.

IOCP can be used to acess to all 'standar' Prepar3D data (offsets) and other softwares like Orion.
The PMDG offsets are NOT Prepar standars (predefines in the Prepar SDK) and only use some of them and the rest via its own offsets and FSUIPC offsets...

Many of that, porbably like, Light, Brakes, Gear, etc you can... but only becouse PMDG is using the predefined Prepar offsets (called Variables).
Using a 'combination' of the idea of Offset (is not really an offset) IOCPServer is a network mecanism to get easy and really fast access to the Prepar3d Variables and Envent... (nothing more).

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/simulation_variables.html
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/event_ids.html

musicflieger

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 en: Mayo 18, 2019, 11:52:29 am »
Hello Mr.Ascanio,

with high appreciated help from Manolo (Hispapanels) you added me to your secure contacts!

I don´t know what was going on, I posted several comments on the forum, downloaded your software, and at once I couldn´t access anymore...
This problem occurred only to your site (all other sites I visit around the world were no problem to be reached)

Thanks for letting me in again and sorry if I caused any trouble - I have forwarded your error messages to my provider,m which is a very trustful one in Austria, for investigation about blockings

Meanwhile I have updated my whole system to WIN10 pro / i7-9700K 8-core cpu / nvidia gtx1080 / and other features to increase performance.
in a couple of days I will give iocpserver and sc-pascal a new try - maybe i was blocked from functionality by WIN7 the last times...

is there a way to send you a private message?

Best greetings from Salzburg/Austria

Alex
LOWS

Alex M.
LOWS